Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a global diversified pharmaceutical company focused in several key therapeutic categories: GI, Dermatology, Ophthalmology, Neurology, Vision Care, Consumer Health, and Dental. Valeant’s corporate mission is to improve the lives of patients with our healthcare products.
The Sr. Director, Information Management will be responsible for developing an Information Management strategy to ensure the proper procurement, implementation, governance, and support of the data assets critical to the Commercial business. This individual will have the autonomy and responsibility for building the Information Management function based on the diverse needs of the function. The person needs to be able to develop and execute a strategy to meet the different needs of a large and diverse product portfolio of both inline and pipeline brands. This person must be comfortable in operating in a fast paced “start up” type environment. This role will be responsible for hiring and leading a 4-6 person team and serving as the face of the function to Commercial Operations leadership, IT, General Managers, the CFO, and CEO. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Commercial Insights & Analytics.
This candidate perform, supervise, or manage a variety of communications and information management (IM) tasks and activities including staff support, publishing, records, administrative communications, and workgroup management
• Develop an Information Management strategy and roadmap considering data, technology, and resources needs
• Recruit and build an Information Management function with individuals with diverse skill sets, experiences, and expertise.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with critical cross functional teams such as IT, Sales Operations, Analytics, Compliance, and Legal.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with external data and technology partners.
• Develop a 3 year Commercial Data & Analytics roadmap in close collaboration with IT, Insights & Analytics, and external partners.
• Establish and oversee the operation of Enterprise Information Management practices, which assure the integrity of core data domains shared across the enterprise
• Establishes and maintains a Data Quality and Stewardship Framework, which consists of policies, standard operating procedures, measures, standards and requirements, in order to foster awareness, trust, and drive ownership and accountability
• Serves as the business owner and guides the business requirements for Master Data Management project and capabilities
• Act as key sponsor and contributor to implementation and maintenance of Commercial Data Warehouse project which commenced in January 2018.
• Responsible for the communication and change management plan for Enterprise Information Management
• Collaborates with senior management in developing recommendations around policies, standards and framework for data governance
• Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
• Engages with the industry to learn about best practices to help in building excellence in customer data
• Bachelor’s degree; Advanced degree in business-related discipline preferred
• 10+ years of experience in Pharmaceutical industry
• Deep understanding of pharmaceutical industry data (IMS, OneKey, MedPro, MMIT, etc).
• Depth of experience in Information Management including vendor management
• Sales Operations and team management experience across several therapeutic areas
• Proven system experience and streamlining processes
• Knowledge is mandatory of: policies and procedures relating to the life cycle of information and control of information resources, including administrative communications, official records, publications, and forms; information systems (operation and support).
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate. This candidate will also have demonstrated initiative, creativity, and ability to work in complex, rapidly changing & ambiguous environment. A proven self-starter with strong hands-on orientation, this candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage, lead, inspire and develop direct reports.
• Demonstrated ability to create and lead high performing teams
• Demonstrated ability to influence others; Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally
• Refined communication/presentation skills, an ability to work well up and down the command chain internally and externally
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities