The Planner is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring of products through the complete production cycle to meet or exceed all global Customer Service level and Inventory goals.
Note: The following are meant to be representative but not necessary all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title.
· Coordinates with Manufacturing management to Plan, schedule, coordinate and monitor products through the complete production cycle to meet actual and forecasted customer demands and maintain safety stocks;
· Works from master production plan to establish production schedules, capacity requirements and shop orders to ensure materials are provided according to schedules; coordinates with Materials, Manufacturing, and QC groups as required.
· Determines and manages potential line shortages by analyzing build schedules, shortage reports, on hand inventory reports and supplier delivery information.
· Resolves work order variances and determines/tracks root causes.
· Responsible for maintaining accurate information of production schedules, customer orders, Bills of Materials for manufactured and outside processed assemblies; cross-functionally coordinates BoM changes to minimize scrap and disruption to Manufacturing while maintaining Service Level goals.
· Prepares and maintains Planning, Routing, Backflushing, Receiving, etc. parameters in the Manufacturing/MRP system and other necessary reports on production output, efficiency output, capacity and other reports as directed.
· Attends daily production meetings.
· Reviews existing planning tools and suggests improvements or new tools.
· Participates in Supply Chain Process Development and Implementation.
· Works with Cost Accounting for month end close.
Most work will be performed in an office and light manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
Solta Medical is committed to the health and safety of our employees. We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
· Requires a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a preferably in technical field or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
· A minimum of 3 years Production Planning experience, particularly in the manufacture of instrumentation and/or medical devices including:
o Knowledge and experience in the utilization of ERP systems and planning tools.
o Knowledge and experience in Bill of Material structures and component specifications.
o Inventory management knowledge to include knowledge of various inventory transactions.
· Experience working within a rigorous quality system environment (ISO 13485, FDA cGMP/QSR).
· Strong collaboration, team building, and development skills.
· Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
· Strong MS Office skills.
· Experience with Expandable ERP system is preferred.
· APICS certification is preferred.
Language and Verbal Skills
Ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondences documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers. Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues, and project status.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to use MS Excel to perform calculations and interpret project results/data.
Analytical and Reading Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to read technical and clinical literature and documents and extract important concepts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform lifting tasks of up to 10 pounds for short durations. Duties of this job may involve standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.